GKCmaTV.fr.st / GKC.fr.st Index du Forum  
  Rechercher  •  Liste des Membres  •  Groupes d'utilisateurs   •  S'enregistrer  •  Profil  •  Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés  •  Connexion

Vous avez une astuce??

[BlindMan]

Partagez la!! Postez la en section 'discussion diverses', et, après validation, elle apparaîtra à son tour dans cette boite.

Xdtv record schedule script doesn't work - dirty workaround Voir le sujet suivant
Voir le sujet précédent
Auteur Message
Gelo

MessagePosté le: Jeudi 1 Mars 2007 16:54:30 Répondre en citantRevenir en haut de page

I had the following problem with the record schedule script of xdtv 2.4.0 running on my openSUSE 10.2 system:
The script created by xdtv_record.sh to start the recording produces an error when starting xdtv. The output sent by mail to the user was:
Citation:
xauth: (argv):1:  bad "add" command line
Will kill all running xdtv !

This is xdtv 2.4.0 running on Linux/i686 (2.6.18.2-34-default).
Error: Can't open display:
connect: No such file or directory

The problem that causes "Error: Can't open display:" seems to be connected to the way the script tries to determin the DISPLAY number. The $DISPLAY variable is empty after the export DISPLAY command. I suppose that the problem is the regular expression in the line
Code:
XLINE=$(ps axuwww | grep -e "[/\s]X .* \?-auth" | head -1)

"grep" should find something in the "ps axuwww" output, problably in my case this line:
Citation:
root 3361 2.9 7.6 69572 39740 tty7 Ss+ 11:06 7:56 /usr/bin/Xorg -br -nolisten tcp :0 vt7 -auth /var/lib/xdm/authdir/authfiles/A:0-nLdWmm

But it doesen't, so XLINE stays empty. This causes the line
Code:
export DISPLAY=$(echo $XLINE | sed 's#.* \(:[0-9]\+\(\.\?[0-9]\+\)\?\).*#\1#' )

to produce no result; DISPLAY is empty.
Unfortunately I don't understand anything about regular expressions, so I am not able to fix this pas ma faute .

The only thing I can offer is a very dirty workaround:

1. You look up your DISPLAY number typing "echo $DISPLAY" at the command line. In my case it is ":0.0".
2. You copy the script xdtv_record.sh to your home directory (you'll find it in /usr/bin), rename it to xdtv_record_new.sh and open it with an editor (e.g. kwrite).
3. Now, you have to search the line that starts with export DISPLAY. After this line you add a line:
Code:
export DISPLAY=:0.0
or another DISPLAY number you found out previously.
4. You save the script.

Now scheduled recording will work if you invoke the script form the command line with the command
Citation:
sh xdtv_record_new.sh

If you have administrator privileges (and you know what you are doing) obviously also you can change the original script in /usr/bin using "su" and then "kwrite /usr/bin/xdtv_record.sh". Then the script will work even if invoked using the buttons in the xdtv program. Don't forget to make a backup copy before editing the original script wink .

I don't know if this will work on other systems and I don't know if it will cause any other problems in other circumstances. So: be carefull and don't blame me for destroyed systems sourit . In my case, it worked fine.

Hopefully there is anyone who knows a littel bit more about programming and is able to correct the problematic line in the script.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateurEnvoyer un message privé
estre

MessagePosté le: Vendredi 2 Mars 2007 12:54:56 Répondre en citantRevenir en haut de page

Hello,
this line should be ok :
Code:

ps axuwww | grep -e "[/\s]X[org]* .* \?-auth" | head -1

It will be corrected for the next release,
Thanks, Nicolas.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateurEnvoyer un message privé

Sauter vers:   

Voir le sujet suivant
Voir le sujet précédent